Yesterday was my first doctor's appointment. T and I were really hoping to see the baby's heartbeat (6 weeks is too early to hear it), so we were hoping I'd get to have an ultrasound. No such luck. The appointment was over an hour long...basically going over all of my and T's medical history, how long it took us to conceive, do's and don'ts during pregnancy, etc. I also had an exam and the midwife told me that my uterus was measuring right on track for 6 weeks--she doesn't think it's twins. We mentioned our concern because of my family history of many sets of fraternal twins. I also had 7 vials of blood drawn. Ugh!! They do a million tests, but I'm fine with that. We go back 12/14 to try and hear the heartbeat with the doppler and to go over my blood work results. I don't get an ultrasound until around 10-13 weeks.
This past week I have started to feel morning sickness- but all day long! I feel so nauseous first thing in the morning and suffer through my morning routine of showering and getting ready. T has been such a huge help by making me toast and basically doing everything around the house. Teaching is so tough because all I want to do is to sit down. I dream about being back at a desk job where I have total control of my schedule and can get sick in my trash barrel if necessary. I haven't gotten sick yet, but definitely have felt like if I could I'd feel so much better. At my appointment yesterday, the midwife said things could get progressively worse because 6-7 weeks is when things really start to pick up with morning sickness....great! Just what I was hoping to hear.
This morning I woke up and I feel fine though- I am so thankful for that. We're heading to T's Aunt's house for Thanksgiving today and we're still debating on sharing our news. We went to Target last night and bought 3 Christmas bibs to give to T's parents, my mom and stepdad, and my dad. They are all wrapped up and ready to go, but who knows if we'll do it today or wait until Christmas. Part of me wants to wait until we hear the baby's heartbeat!
No comments:
Post a Comment