Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Official...We're Expecting!


On Tuesday, Novemember 2nd I came home from work and had this nagging feeling to take a test. I did, and the most faint line ever came up. I quickly snapped a picture with my IPhone and went on with my day. T was coming home from work to pick me up so we could go grab dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, SOMA. While at dinner I took out my phone and showed him the picture of the test and asked him if he could see a line. Immediately he said, "Yes, what is that?" as T was not expecting I had taken a test. We talked about how amazing it would be if it were in fact a positive test, but then dropped the subject as to not jinx ourselves.

The next morning (Wednesday) I took another cheap test and again another VERY faint line came up. T and I were discouraged and thought that it may just be that every test has that faint line? That night we drove back to T's hometown for his grandmother's wake. Since we were staying at T's parents house we decided it would be best to not take a test the following morning since his parents, sister, sister's boyfriend, and grandfather would just be a room away. Thursday was the funeral.

When we returned home at 4:30pm I asked T, "Should I take another test?" he said yes. I took another test and sure enough this time it was a lot darker! Definitely a positive! We stood there in the bathroom with the largest smiles on our faces in complete disbelief that we had done it! We were pregnant!

It's such a blessing to have begun the process of creating a new life just as we have lost two family members (my grandfather, T's grandmother) in the past 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment