Sunday, April 10, 2011

DETOUR- Nursery!


41_15_15---Road-Closed-Detour-Sign_web.jpg


After a lot of worrying and second guessing myself, I've decided that I wasn't 100% in love with the nursery theme that I had been going for.  Yes, I loved the lavender and loved the inspiration pictures that I had seen and posted here, but something just wasn't right.  Have you ever had the feeling of loving something for someone else, but you just can't picture YOU loving it for YOURSELF? Well, that was me with the Land of Nod crib bedding.  Only having lavender and white as colors (with the possibility of light green walls) in the room to use for decorating I felt pretty limited.  I worried that Baby Girl's room would feel too cool and modern and not really match T and my style completely.  I always had envisioned a warm nursery.  

So what did I do you ask? Well, first I started harassing T for his opinion on what we should do to which he told me that he would be fine with whatever I chose- new bedding or keeping with the original plan.  Then, I asked my mother her opinion on changing the color bedding to pink. She said that she liked it better in lavender rather than pink. At that point I figured that I'd just have to move along with the original plan and stick with the lavender bedding until......I happened to click on the Pottery Barn Kids website. Lo and behold they had JUST posted their new spring/summer nursery bedding collection.  Oh no, this couldn't be good, I thought to myself. And just like that I fell in love with new bedding.  Bedding that had everything I was looking for- warm tones, a white background, and lots of different colors/patterns to use in different decorations, it wasn't all pink (per T's once request), and wasn't too bright or flashy for a sweet baby girl's nursery.  

I immediately texted T and told him that he was going to kill me, but that I had found bedding that I loved more than the Land of Nod bedding.  *Keep in mind that my MIL had already ordered our baby shower invitations that had Land of Nod printed on them as one of our registries.  T told me to just go ahead and order the new bedding set immediately (it wouldn't ship until April 14th since it was so new) and to forget about the cost (we originally had hoped we'd receive it for the shower). T also said not to worry about the fact that our Land of Nod registry would essentially have nothing but a few random odds and ends left on it after I remove the With a Flourish old bedding set, oh well! So that's exactly what I did!

Currently we are still waiting for the new bedding to ship, but I am just so excited about it and am certain that I've made the right choice. We are going to do the walls in the nursery a light yellow and all pink accents (pink changing pad cover, rocking chair cushion, and curtains).  Once all of that is done we are going to decide what color to paint the bookcase that will go in Baby Girl's room. I love that we can do pink, blue, green, or just stick with the white to match her crib and dresser.

So without further ado, let me introduce to you the new bedding!!!! (Please don't let the crazy wall decals and busy picture deter you from seeing how pretty the bedding actually is.  Just look at that girly 3 layer dust ruffle! I DIE! :-)

  

View In Room

No comments:

Post a Comment