Friday, April 22, 2011

Just a few tidbits.

-Today I'm officially 28 weeks- my weeks change on Friday's even though I typically don't post my weekly stats until Sunday/Monday. Grow baby, grow!
 
- I just got off the phone with my Doctor's office and I passed my Glucose test! Woo Hoo! It came back at 92- I guess anything under 130/140 is good. :-) My iron is on the low side of normal, which I totally expected. I always seem to border being anemic. Thank God I don't have to take any iron supplements! I'll just try to incorporate more red meat and iron rich foods into my diet.

-I have an official date of Graduation for my Master's Program! It's May 21st- so although I won't walk in the ceremony because I will be 7 months pregnant and we have scheduling conflicts (we have a wedding Friday night, my sister's dance recital the same day (Sat),  and then our Baby Shower on Sunday), it will be nice to finally have that diploma! It should arrive 3-4 weeks after graduation. I finished with a 3.79 GPA. Although I am super proud of my accomplishment since I worked FULL time at Forrester in sales while going throuhg the program,  I'm so bummed that it wasn't a 3.8. I think that you get a higher honor if you're 3.8- 4.0. I wonder if they round up? I think I'll still graduate Summa Cum Laude?

-I officially have passed all 4 of my MTEL (Massachusetts Teacher Education License) exams to be a licensed teacher in the state of Massachusetts! I have already put my application in with the Department of Education, and paid the application fee.  Apparently it will take 10 weeks to process (and I totally dragged my heels with submitting my paperwork), so I should have my license sometime in mid-June. :-) Exciting! If I wasn't due with Baby Girl 6 weeks before the school year starts, then I would have entertained looking for a teaching job for this year. However, with her being so little, I will stay home for the year. :-) Plus, I've heard from everyone that your first year teaching on your own is super overwhelming, so best not to try and juggle that and a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment