Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Okay, that will be enough, thanks!

I'll give you one guess at what I'm talking about.  Okay, give up? Pregnancy.  That's right folks, I've officially hit the mark of being completely uncomfortable, emotional, and swollen.  I worked the past two days, then hosted a girls dinner at our place and by last night my ankles were definite CANKLES! :-( My feet have never been swollen like that before...not fun! I'm running out of steam here and need to take it easy.  This whole week getting up in the middle of the night has become extremely painful.  I feel like my insides are falling out and I get these sharp shooting pains when I waddle to the bathroom.  T says that I wince as I try to get myself comfortable in bed after.  No good.

Everywhere I go people ask, "how are you feeling?" and I usually answer that I'm feeling pretty good, am starting to get tired, but can't complain, yadda yadda.  Truth be told, I want to tell them that I'm in pain, anxious about pushing a watermelon out of something the size of a kiwi fruit, and that I'm done with being pregnant.  I want my body back.  I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer in this post, but I'm just keeping it real and want to be able to look back and see when I officially lost it! ;-) I know this will all be worth it in the end, and I cannot wait to hold this precious little baby girl in my arms, but being pregnant isn't easy! Today I am 35w2d by the doctor's original due date, 35w5d by my guess, and 36w5d by baby's measurements.

And because I hate posts without pictures, I'm going to leave you with 2 of T and I from a wedding we went to this past weekend in Portsmouth, NH.  The wedding was for T's friend and it was beautiful.  Too bad the weather was awful (rainy & cold!).

My hubby is so handsome! How did I get so lucky?1

Look at that belly, ha!! Large!


No comments:

Post a Comment