Dear Reese,
Happy Two Months, sweet baby girl! Daddy and I just love you so so much! You turned 2 months this past Sunday on September 18th, 2011. This past month you've really started to show your personality and it's so fun to watch. You've started smiling and reacting to Daddy and I when we talk to you in silly voices. On your two month birthday you started to use your voice and coo. You say lots of "Ooooohhhh's" and it's like music to our ears. This month you've had many first's: your first trip to the Boston Garden to see Papi and cousin Thomas play basketball in the Hoop Dreams game, you had your first trip to the grocery store with mama, and you've sat in your bumbo for the first time.
![]() |
| Where's Reese? |
![]() |
| There she is! |
![]() |
| First time in your Bumbo seat like such a big girl! |
![]() |
| At the Garden- Hoop Dreams event. Papi is number 32. |
This month also brought your two month doctors appointment, which meant you had to get shots. :-( Mommy was a wreck and was so sad for you. You did fine of course. You received 3 shots and had to take a drink. I nursed you immediately after in the doctor's exam room which helped you calm down. We went home, I changed you into warm fleecy, footed pajamas and snuggled on the couch for the rest of the day. At your appointment Dr. Dufrense was very pleased with how alert you are and how strong you are! She was a little concerned that you only gained 8 oz. in one month, so we are going back next month for a weight check. If you're not gaining enough, we may need to incorporate more formula into your diet. This makes mommy very sad. We hope that you are just leveling out after being such a big baby at birth. You are long, and don't have too much chub on you, but you do have a few really cute rolls on your thighs which I just eat up!
![]() |
| After your doctor's appointment when you had your shots. |
You're really started getting into a routine this month. Each night when daddy gets home from work he gives you a bottle of formula (you nurse for every other feeding, but by the end of the day I'm usually empty and you're still hungry...) around 6pm. By 7pm you are going down for the night. Daddy puts you in your swing in the living room and "Shhhhh's" you to sleep. You usually look at your friends (the sheep that hang above you on your swing), and dose off. We wake you around 10:30pm, bring you upstairs to our room and I'll nurse you one last time. Sometimes you are half asleep and not a very good eater, other times I can get you to take both sides. After that, I swaddle you tight, daddy turns on your sleep sheep white noise machine, and we put you in your bassinet on my side of the bed. You typically don't wake up until 5 or 6am. We are extremely thankful that you're such a great sleeper. Once you wake up, I pull you into bed and nurse you while I lay on my side, and we both dose off again. You typically wake up for the day between 7-8am. I would say you sleep 12-13 hours at night total.
Mornings are still my most favorite time of day with you because you are just so happy. You coo and smile and are just the best little baby. Our days are always different, but for the most part we usually leave the house late morning to do whatever errand we have for the day and then return in the afternoon. At that point I usually do odds and ends around the house like empty the dishwasher, laundry, and starting dinner for daddy. Your witching hours are usually from 4-6 where you are more fussy and don't want to be put down. I've tried buying a few different wrap type carriers to try using with you, but you are not a fan whatsoever. We use the bjorn and you like that, but I wanted something softer and more snugly for the house, but no such luck.
This month you also gave daddy and I a few scares, from a baby rash on your face/neck, to not going poop for a WHOLE WEEK! We ended up giving you prune juice 3 times before you finally went! Your doctor said that it's normal because your stomach is changing, but boy did it scare us. We just felt so bad for you, but you were fine. ;-)
Daddy and I love you more and more each day and are so lucky to be your parents!
Love, Mommy
Reese's Two Month Stats:
Weight: 10 pounds 15 ounces (50th percentile)
Height: 24 inches* (95th percentile) Daddy and I watched the nurse measure you and we think she was extra generous, you're probably closer to 23.5" (which would still be 80th percentile)
Clothing: 0-3, some 0-3 sleepers are getting too snug for the length. We call you our long and lean baby girl.
Diapers: Size One.
Favorite Toys: Bouncer Seat, Baby Gym, Car Seat Toys.
Favorite Past time: Bath Time, Getting your diaper changed, staring contests with mommy, walking around with daddy, going for walks in your stroller, and being out and about. You are very easy to take to the mall, out to dinner, etc.
Communication: Smiles, and coos. We can't wait until you start squealing and laughing.
Cries: When hungry, tired, needs a diaper change, or just wants to be held.
Bedtime: Around 7pm
Food: Breast Milk with 1 bottle of formula per day from Daddy.






No comments:
Post a Comment