I truly love this room and put a lot of thought into every detail. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I was planning to go in a totally different direction, and then changed my mind when I was about 6 months pregnant! This room is a pretty good size, but the cathedral ceilings make it feel a lot larger than it is. The nursery gets great afternoon light that shines in through the two huge windows. Without further ado, here is Reese Leighton's nursery!
A view from the doorway:
If you were to enter the room and look left this is what you'd see...
Her decal above her crib doesn't photograph well- it's actually hot pink with 'reese leighton' written in script font in white with a little green birdie sitting on her name. I had ordered what I thought was a much lighter pink, but it turns out it's hot pink. Not sure if we'll keep this, or change it. I've seen some other great ideas for using her name above her crib on Pinterest, so maybe I'll get creative. If I make any changes, I'll be sure to report back!
T and I hung these paper lanterns when I was in labor! Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
This is by far my favorite thing in the entire nursery, my grandfather's rocking chair. My Grandad and I were super close, and he passed away last August, so he'll never get to meet Reese. :-( This makes me terribly sad, but knowing that a piece of him is in her room, almost makes up for it. When we got this rocker, it was stained a dark brown. T spent many hours sanding and stripping, and then painting this chair white to match Reese's other furniture.
We had this bookcase from our last house but it was in storage, it's a little bit more of an off-white, but looks great anyway! On top of the bookcase we have lots of little items that are special to us. If you look closely in the frame box, you'll see Reese's birth announcement, her baptism invite, and even the invite from my baby shower. I plan to update this frame box with current pictures.
On the top shelf you'll see Reese's baby book, memory box, piggy bank, and Mr. Lamb- my lovey that I had growing up. We put the tutu Reese wore for her newborn shoot on Mr. Lamb to make him a little more girly! ;-)
The second shelf down holds a lot of Reese's books, a personalized snow globe that Reese received from her Baptism, and a cute butterfly sign.
The last shelf has two white baskets that hold stuffed animals and small toys.
Close-ups of items on top of bookcase:
Photo of Reese during her newborn photo shoot in her Nambe sterling silver frame
Miraposa string of pearls dish, spoon, and baby cup that matches our set!
Personalized print with Reese's birth stats that I had made on Etsy:
Frames with pictures from Newborn and Maternity photo shoots. I'd love to paint these frames pink and use sage green grosgrain ribbon to hang them from instead of this antique white.
Top of dresser details:
Gorgeous jewelry box from Reese's Godmother (T's sister)
Basket of books next to the rocking chair
A view of Reese's closet!
And her is little Miss Reese enjoying her crib! (Don't worry we took off her bumpers before letting her actually sleep in there!)
Paint: Pale Daffodil by Behr
Crib and Dresser: Bonavita Peyton Collection
Mirror: Land of Nod, Fresh Scallops
Bedding: Pottery Barn Kids- Lily crib set, quilt, and toddler pillow (had it monogrammed locally).
Changing Pad Cover: Pottery Barn Kids- chamois changing table pad cover, pink
Rocking Chair: hand-me-down
Rocking chair pads: Carousel Designs, solid pink rocking chair pad
Nightstand: we already owned this- it was actually beige, so we spray painted it white.
Lamp on nightstand: again, something we already had and just re purposed.
Curtains: Pottery Barn Kids, Dot Blackout Panel, 84" Pink
Curtain Rods and Finales: Pottery Barn Kids, Ornament Hardware, Medium and Small, Pink
Knobs on Dresser: Pottery Barn Kids- Pink crystal ornament knobs
Rug: Pottery Barn Kids- floral border rug, 5x8, yellow
Lanterns: Pottery Barn Kids, small pink lily lantern, medium green lily lantern, medium white paper lantern
Diaper Caddy- Pottery Barn Kids, Sabrina Diaper Caddy, white
Diaper Caddy Liner- Pottery Barn Kids, Diaper Caddy Liner, Pink Gingham
Lamp: Land of Nod, Early Bird Lamp in white
Print: Etsy, Seller: Almost Sunday Ink
Decal: Etsy, Seller: Sew Cute and More
Baskets on bookshelf and next to rocking chair: Michael's Crafts
Nightlight: Pottery Barn Kids, Grace Smocked Nightlight, pink
I hope you enjoyed the tour! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below!







I love that you wrote all these details. The room changes so quickly. It's nice to have this to remember how it was.
ReplyDelete