Friday, December 28, 2012

23 Weeks- Baby #2! (a week and a half late)

* I was waiting and waiting to post this after we took my 23 week picture.  Here we are at 24w3d and still no picture taken....so you'll have to settle for a grainy iphone picture from 23 weeks.




1. How Far Along? As of Tuesday, 12/18/12 I'm 23 weeks pregnant with baby #2! (vs. 23 weeks with Reese)

2. How big is baby? 

She's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

3. Total Weight Gain/Loss? 10lbs

4. Maternity Clothes? Leaving my answer from 2 weeks ago since it's the same. A mix of both.  I have been living in my Gap maternity leggings, but can still button 2 pairs of regular Gap jeans, although I've started to add my Gap skinny jeans into the mix.  Both regular and maternity shirts/sweaters, just depends on what it sis. I like to belt my sweaters so I look less fat and more pregnant. ;-)

5. Gender?  Sweet baby girl! Still nameless!

6. Movement? Yes.  I feel her always at night when laying on the couch or in bed, and always in the morning.  I am usually so distracted with Reese throughout the day that I forget to pay attention to movement.  However, I have felt this little one in the car, or if I do get a chance to sit down during the day.

7. Sleep? I wake up and have tons of pressure pain down below.  I'm also swollen down there (sorry, if TMI!).

8. What I miss? Sometimes I miss having my body to myself, but then I remind myself that this very well may be the last pregnancy I ever experience and I switch back to enjoying being the moment! I think 3rd tri is going to suck though.  It's tough chasing Reese around, constantly picking up toys, food, her, etc.  I'm more achey this time because I'm constantly moving....getting Reese in and out of the carseat, highchair, crub, changing table, tub, etc. etc.

9. Cravings? Just loving most food lately.

10. Symptoms? Super dry skin!

11. Worst moment this week? Scheduling my glucose test for my next dr. app, ACK! Gross!

12. Best moment this week? I've really been trying to enjoy every single moment with Reese and try to prepare her for the "new baby".  I cherish these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment