Friday, May 17, 2013

Letters to Adeline- One Month






Adeline,

You turned one month old on May 9th, 2013, so this is a recap of your very first month! On one hand it feels like I gave birth to you yesterday, and on the other it feels like you've been a part of our family forever.  You are such a love.  I love your newborn squishy goodness, and could kiss your cheeks all day long.  You have the most beautiful blue eyes, and your eyelashes and eyebrows are blond in the light.  How is that possible? I think you look a lot like your big sister Reese, yet you definitely have your own look too.  Some people say you are Daddy's Mini-Me, and I'd have to agree.  

This month Daddy and I have spent trying to get to know you-- what you like and what you don't like. You are certainly a little fussy at times and I attribute that to gas.  You tested positive for a dairy allergy at 2 weeks old, so I went ahead and cut dairy out of my diet since you are exclusively breastfed.  Since cutting dairy out, we've tested 3 more diapers and all of them have come back negative.  Your pedi still wants me to keep dairy out of of my diet for at least another month though, to truly rule out your sensitivity.

Your big sister Reese is so in love with you and gives you tons of kisses each day.  She starts her mornings by saying "Baby! Baby! Baby!" and trying to find you. You're a good sport dealing with all of the love!

This month has brought some firsts: your first tubby, your first trip to Target, the mall, your first walk outside, and your first trip to Boston. You've met tons of little baby friends and ironically enough there are 3 baby girls that Mommy's friends have had in the past month- you are the oldest, but Eve had Mia a week after you were born, Meghan had Maeve 12 days after you were born, and then Jill had Brooklyn a month after you were born.   We are still waiting Kirsten to have her baby girl.  There are so many babies for you to play with! 

Daddy and I love you so much and are so happy to have you as part of our family!

Love, 
Mommy

xoxoxox












Adeline 1 Month Stats: 

Weight: 9lbs 6oz
Height: 21 3/4"
Clothing: NB-- some 0-3 but they are really big!

Diapers: We just switched to size 1 only because we ran out of NB diapers.  
Favorite Toys: Not playing with toys just yet, but you do seem to like black and white things, and patterns to look at.
Favorite Past Time: Nursing and sleeping on mommy or daddy's chest.  You love to be held. 
Communication: You cry when you're upset.
Cries: You cry when you're tired, hungry, when you have a dirty diaper, and when you are generally uncomfortable.
Bedtime/Nap time: You are sleeping a lot during the day still, and only can last about 30 mins awake when you're not nursing.  This month has been challenging with you sleeping at night (or lack there of).  You don't love your bassinet so we've tired the Rock N' Play sleeper which is hit or miss, and your lamb seat-- same thing, hit or miss. You sleep best in my arms, so out of desperation for sleep you've slept in bed with us.  It's a work in progress- and I'm not at all worried about it.  You'll get on schedule soon enough.  I spoke with a certified sleep consultant (a mommy friend), and she said that for the first 6 weeks it doesn't matter where babies sleep as long as they sleep.  I guess habits can't be formed when babies are so little. 
Foods: You are exclusively breastfeed and eat every 2-3 hours during the day and night.




No comments:

Post a Comment