Monday, April 28, 2014

Letters to Adeline- 12 Months!








Adeline,


My sweet girl, you turned 1 year old on April, 9th, 2014 so this is a recap of your twelfth month! Part of me cannot believe that you are 1 year already, but the other part of me doesn't really remember life before you! I look back at your newborn pictures and miss your sweet newborn newness, I long to snuggle you as a little peanut again and have you fall asleep in my arms.  However, you are becoming a fun little toddler, and I love to see you interacting with Reese so I am enjoying this new stage.  You and Reese have this incredible bond, one that I love to watch flourish. No one can make you laugh like her, and you light up when you see each other. 

I think back to when Reese was turning a year, and I remember how old she seemed in comparison to you.  She had already been walking for a month on her own, I was taking her to the park, play places, etc., and thought of her as a full blown toddler.  With you, it's just different.  Maybe it's because you're my second born, maybe it's because you have a built in playmate with your older sister, Reese, so there isn't a need to go someplace to get interaction,  maybe it's because you're not walking, or maybe it's because you are my baby and I want you to stay little forever, but whatever it is, it's perfect.  You are you, and I wouldn't have it any other way.



Milestones this month: 
-  You started real crawling instead of army crawling on 3/18.  You are FAST!
-  You pulled to stand up in your crib on 3/20.

- You pulled to stand up at the coffee table on 3/21
- You celebrated your first St. Patrick's Day!

- You began swim lessons at the YMCA- you love it!



Worth mentioning:

- You had your very first Emergency Room visit, with IV fluids included! You and Reese cannot seem to catch a break this winter, and this 4th stomach bug really took it out of you. You hadn't had a wet diaper in over 12 hours, so off to the ER we went after speaking to you Dr.  We spent most of Sunday there from 10am-4pm, but after your fluids, you were in much better spirits.









Weight: 20.5lbs (50-75%)


Height: They measured you at 30.5" which is 75%, but I knew the nurse was way too generous in her measurements. We've measured you at home and you are 29" (so 50th %).  

Clothing:  Mostly 12 months,  12-18 months pajamas. Just depends on the brand. Size 3.5 shoe.  

Diapers: Size 3. 4's for night.

Favorite Toys:  Your new favorite toy is the Little People Rainforest and stacking blocks.  We also recently pulled out your big Fisher Price Learning House and you love that.  You got an awesome Minnie Mouse ride on jeep from Nanny and Grampy for your birthday that you are obsessed with, as you are with your new Cozy Coupe from Nonna and Papa.  You are most happy outside.  I can strap you into any of your contraptions outside and you are content.  You LOVE LOVE LOVE the swings at the park and on the swing set.  

Favorite Past Time: 

- You love being outside as I mentioned above.
- You love bath time.
- You also love to see your baby friends and enjoy being out and about. 
- You love music and to dance!!!

Communication: You cry when tired, in pain, or want to be held.  You love to crawl over to me when I'm in the kitchen doing dishes or cooking to hang on my legs and cry.  You do this until I pick you up. We are working on doing sign language with you for 'more' and 'all done' for eating.  You are so cute with the 'more' sign- you don't quite get it and sometimes just clap. Haha!

Cries: Only when hungry, tired, or frustrated when you can't get something/ go somewhere or when in pain (teething). You whine a lot, but don't actually cry all that often.


Bedtime/Nap time: 

- Every time we get into a groove with sleep, someone gets sick and it all goes out of the window.  You are getting better though and when you are healthy we can expect you to sleep from 6:30pm- 545/6am. We don't love getting up that early.  I would really prefer 7-7, but we'll take what we can get.  Sometimes the early morning wake up isn't your fault though.  Ever since we potty trained Reese, she gets up a little earlier in the morning.

- You take 2 naps per day. Your first nap is around 9:30am, your second around 1:30-2pm. Your morning nap is usually about 1.5 hours and your afternoon nap is about an hour or hour and a half.

Foods

- We are weaning you from formula and bottles.  You get 6oz of almond milk in the morning in a bottle, after that I offer you 1-2 sippy cups of almond milk through out the day (and water in your camelbak).  For your bedtime bottle, we still are doing 6oz milk, 2 oz formula.  

- You eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and snack throughout the day.  Breakfast is usually whole grain organic waffles or pancakes, yogurt, or eggs, and always fresh cut up fruit.  Your favorites are blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. 





No comments:

Post a Comment