Weight: 8lbs 14oz (5 weeks old 1/29/18).
You were 6lbs 13oz on 12/24, 7lbs 1oz at your first dr. app on 12/26, and 8lbs 2oz & 20.5" at dr. app on 1/9/18 You still are still comfortably in newborn clothing and diapers, and absolutely swim in 0-3 anything.
You were 6lbs 13oz on 12/24, 7lbs 1oz at your first dr. app on 12/26, and 8lbs 2oz & 20.5" at dr. app on 1/9/18 You still are still comfortably in newborn clothing and diapers, and absolutely swim in 0-3 anything.
Height: 20 1/2"
Clothing: Newborn
Favorite Toys: Not playing with toys just yet, but I catch you looking at frames on the wall, etc.
Favorite Past Time: Nursing and sleeping on mommy chest. You love to be held, bounced, shhhshed. You also enjoy the car, and seem to settle by the time we leave the house and get to Salem Rd. You usually scream bloody murder when I put you in your car seat which makes leaving the house super stressful. Your sisters get worried when you cry like that!
Communication: You cry when you're upset which since about 2.5/3 weeks old has been a lot. You refuse to sleep anywhere other than with me whether it be on my chest or next to me in bed. We are trying to get you used the Rock N Play, swing, and bouncy seat, and you typically with only tolerate them for a few minutes at a time.
Bedtime/Nap time: You are sleeping a lot during the day still, and only can last about 20/30 mins awake when you're not nursing or sleeping. This month has been challenging with you sleeping at night (or lack there of). You sleep best in my arms, so out of desperation for sleep you've slept in bed with me almost exclusively (Daddy's been on the couch a lot since he can't really help and has to work and take care of the big girls). You are by far the hardest of my babies to get back to sleep overall. Maybe I am just not remembering it since it's been 4+ years since we've had a newborn, but I feel like with both Reese and Adeline it was wake up, diaper change, nurse, and back to sleep. With you it's wake up, diaper change, nurse, burp, fuss, poop, diaper change again, fuss, bounce, shhhhhsh, bounce shhhhhhsh, etc. etc. Each wake up can last up to 60-90 minutes, and it's exhausting. It's a work in progress- and we'll get there.
Foods: You are exclusively breastfed and eat every about every 2 hours during the day. At night you are a wild card. Sometimes you'll give us a long stretch of 4-6 hours and then up every 2 hours after that, other times it's 3 hours, etc. Good nights you'll sleep from 10pm-4am and then up again at 530/6. Bad nights can be up at 1, 3, 5, 6, etc.
Worth Mentioning: Your one month appointment isn't until Monday, January 29th, but I took you in to be seen this past Monday, the 22nd after a particularly hard weekend with you. The week leading up to my taking you in consisted of many episodes of hysterics from you without me being able to soothe you. Your first real episode happened when I had taken you to the nail salon thinking that I could get a quick mani/pedi with you since you were still so brand new (2.5 weeks old) and sleeping all of the time. Boy was I WRONG! You absolutely lost your mind while we were there. I had to nurse you during my pedicure, and we had to leave early before the nail tech could even finish my mani (I left without nail polish) because you were just hysterical, you know, the type of crying that turns a baby's face purple. I promptly got in the car and began to cry myself.
You also had an episode when I needed to take you to the mall so I could try to find something to wear to Auntie Sarah's baby shower. Inconsolable crying even after I nursed you in the Nordstrom lounge. I paced the mall, and eventually stopped into Ann Taylor. You cried so much that day that I was exhausted and at a loss. Nothing was making you happy. Daddy and I were thinking that maybe you had reflux since your symptoms seemed to be: hard to settle, arching your back, pulling up your legs, seeming generally uncomfortable, etc. However, gripe water, gas drops, and even Mylanta (based on your pedi's suggestion) didn't help.
On the morning of Monday the 22nd I changed your diaper and saw that your poop had changed from the normal orange seedy breastfed baby poop to a green color. That coupled with your recent change in temperment, and a rash that I thought was just newborn rash on your face and chest that appeared on Friday made me think that we were dealing with a dairy allergy. To the pediatrician we went with two poopy diapers in hand for them to test. You pooped at the doctor's office, so they ended up testing that diaper as well. All 3 of your diapers came back positive with blood, meaning dairy allergy. :( Since we have already been through this with Adeline it wasn't so scary and overwhelming for me. With Adeline I cut both dairy and soy from my diet, and saw improvement within a week or so. This time around I wanted to start cutting just dairy to start to see if that's all it is.
Milestones:
1/2/18- Your umbilical cord fell off. You were 12 days new!
1/4/18- Your first real bath! Reese and Adeline helped. :) On this day I noticed that you were starting to gain a little weight and I thought I noticed a little double chin forming.
1/7/18- Your first time attending church.
1/13/18- Started getting much fussier
1/19/18- Rash appeared on chest/little bit on cheeks by ears and on scalp.
1/22/18- Dr. appointment- diagnosed with dairy (and possibly soy) intolerance.
Worth Mentioning: Your one month appointment isn't until Monday, January 29th, but I took you in to be seen this past Monday, the 22nd after a particularly hard weekend with you. The week leading up to my taking you in consisted of many episodes of hysterics from you without me being able to soothe you. Your first real episode happened when I had taken you to the nail salon thinking that I could get a quick mani/pedi with you since you were still so brand new (2.5 weeks old) and sleeping all of the time. Boy was I WRONG! You absolutely lost your mind while we were there. I had to nurse you during my pedicure, and we had to leave early before the nail tech could even finish my mani (I left without nail polish) because you were just hysterical, you know, the type of crying that turns a baby's face purple. I promptly got in the car and began to cry myself.
You also had an episode when I needed to take you to the mall so I could try to find something to wear to Auntie Sarah's baby shower. Inconsolable crying even after I nursed you in the Nordstrom lounge. I paced the mall, and eventually stopped into Ann Taylor. You cried so much that day that I was exhausted and at a loss. Nothing was making you happy. Daddy and I were thinking that maybe you had reflux since your symptoms seemed to be: hard to settle, arching your back, pulling up your legs, seeming generally uncomfortable, etc. However, gripe water, gas drops, and even Mylanta (based on your pedi's suggestion) didn't help.
On the morning of Monday the 22nd I changed your diaper and saw that your poop had changed from the normal orange seedy breastfed baby poop to a green color. That coupled with your recent change in temperment, and a rash that I thought was just newborn rash on your face and chest that appeared on Friday made me think that we were dealing with a dairy allergy. To the pediatrician we went with two poopy diapers in hand for them to test. You pooped at the doctor's office, so they ended up testing that diaper as well. All 3 of your diapers came back positive with blood, meaning dairy allergy. :( Since we have already been through this with Adeline it wasn't so scary and overwhelming for me. With Adeline I cut both dairy and soy from my diet, and saw improvement within a week or so. This time around I wanted to start cutting just dairy to start to see if that's all it is.
Milestones:
1/2/18- Your umbilical cord fell off. You were 12 days new!
1/4/18- Your first real bath! Reese and Adeline helped. :) On this day I noticed that you were starting to gain a little weight and I thought I noticed a little double chin forming.
1/7/18- Your first time attending church.
1/13/18- Started getting much fussier
1/19/18- Rash appeared on chest/little bit on cheeks by ears and on scalp.
1/22/18- Dr. appointment- diagnosed with dairy (and possibly soy) intolerance.

No comments:
Post a Comment