Okay, okay, I know I've been a bad blogger and have been MIA. I have no excuse really except that I've had that awful all day sickness since I've last written and blogging is the last thing that I have felt like doing. I think I may finally be turning the corner on this sickness though. As long as I eat (and drink!) constantly, I feel okay. I did get sick though last Thursday. :-( Lately I've had a craving for all things sour- pineapple, green apples, pickles, sweet tarts, sour patch kids, etc. I've also discovered that I love cold things especially popsicles. My mom was sweet and came over to cook me dinner this past week and brought some groceries including some delicious Whole Fruit lime and coconut popsicles. LOVE! Since then I've gotten tangerine ones and they are even better. YUM! But, enough about that! I've got some awesome updates to share....
First, we had our doctors appointment on 12/14/10 to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was nice and strong at 170 bpm. It sounded like galloping horses. My Dr. was pretty sure there was only one baby in there but said we would know for sure at our first ultrasound. I've been a little paranoid about that since the begining because fraturnal twins run in my family- my mom is a twin and so was my grandmother. It's supposed to skip a generation which up's my chances. Chance of miscarriage goes down to 3% after hearing the heartbeat so we were given the go ahead to share our happy news with family.
On Christmas Eve we shared our news with T's mom's side of the family. Everyone was thrilled! One of his aunt's had a sneaking suspision that we were expecting at T's surprise 30th because I wasn't drinking. Can't get anything past her! ;-) Next, we went to my dad's side of the family and shared our news. My dad's reaction was priceless...he did'nt have his glasses on and opened the bib and was very confused. He asked, "Are you trying to tell me something?!" at first I did'nt know if he was upset or what, but seconds after he was all smiles (and tears!).
Today (Jan 3rd) has been the best day yet! We got to see Baby C at our very first ultrasound! It was just amazing to see this teeny baby on the screen that was fully formed and looked like a baby! We saw the baby's spine, ribs, hands, legs, fingers (we saw 5 on each hand). Baby is actually measuring 6 days ahead at 12w6d. Our due date is July 18th making me 12w exactly today and having my weeks change over on Monday's. I've known all along that this date is a few days behind when T and I conceived...I know these things! In our opinion the due date should be July 15th and my weeks should switch over on Friday's instead. The MW won't budge though. Oh well. I've tried uploading videos of both the ultrasound and the heartbeat but blogger is being funny and not letting it happen. I'll have to try again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment