Saturday, August 13, 2011

Must Haves- Month One

I plan to post our "must have" items from time to time.  I've always found it super helpful when reading other mommy's blogs, and I even put certain items on my registry because of these lists.  Since being home from the hospital there are things that are definitely necessities in the C household.  I'll list them in no particular order:


1. Summer Infant Swaddle Me- This thing is a Godsend! Honestly, I don't know what we'd do without it.  Reese loves to keep her hands up by her face, and because of that she is constantly startling herself in her sleep with the movement of her hands.  Reese loves to be swaddled at night, and it helps her sleep for long stretches of time.  With regular blankets, our little Houdini always finds a way to get an arm or leg out, but this swaddle blanket has Velcro and keeps her all nice and tight like a baby burrito. It's easy to use, and very inexpensive. I'm thrilled to report that the swaddling has bought us 3 and 4 hour blocks of sleep at night. SCORE!

2. On the Go Travel Sleep Sheep- T and I both love to sleep with white noise, and we figured baby Reese would follow in our footsteps.  Having white noise sets the tone for a good night of sleep for Reese, she loves the ocean setting.  This little sheep is adorable and does the trick.  We keep it right in her bassinet.  

3. Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets- When I was pregnant I had heard rave reviews about these blankets so I knew we had to try them! These blankets are made from awesome muslin fabric which is super lightweight and they are HUGE in size, great for not only swaddling, but for everyday use.  Since Reese is a summer baby these are the perfect light blanket for daytime use (i.e. when in the house, stroller, car seat, etc.)

4. Boppy and Pottery Barn Kids chamois cover- This is a MUST HAVE for nursing.  I use it all the time, and the fabric on the slipcover from PBK is just so soft and snugly.  We just got a second cover to rotate for when one is in the wash.  I also use the Boppy to prop Reese up after she's eaten or while we're lounging in bed or on the couch.  Perfect.

5. My Little Lamb swing- Reese loves her swing.  Sometimes when she's fussy or fighting sleep this is just what the doctor ordered. I love that this swing is so soft and snugly

6. My Little Lamb Infant Seat- I use this for when I'm showering or need to put Reese down for a minute.  She loves the vibration and tends to fall asleep for her morning naps in it frequently.

7. Sleeping gowns- We LOVE the Carter's brand ones, so much so that we now own 6! These are all that Reese sleeps in.  I remember when we were registering I asked a few friends who had recently had babies about these and both said they didn't use them.  I should mention that they had winter babies so not sure if that matters or not, but either way we couldn't disagree more because we love them! These gowns make diaper changes a breeze! No snaps, buttons, or zipper to deal with.  I also love that the arms have the things to fold over her hands; my baby is notorious for scratching herself.

8. Uppababy Vista stroller- This stroller ROCKS! Totally worth every penny.  It's lightweight (compared to any other full size stroller we've tested), easy to maneuver with one hand while shopping, and has all of the bells and whistles you could ever need.  The one feature that I love is the fact that the stroller is so versatile- it can act as a snap and go with the car seat, it can have the bassinet attach for walks (which Reese loves!) and it can grow with us down the road (converting to a double stroller with the addition of the rumble seat.

2 comments:

  1. Hey C! I have been meaning to comment and say CONGRATS, mama. Reese is beautiful and lucky to have a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! We're so in love with her!!

    ReplyDelete