My day started at 7:45am when I woke up and realized that Reese was still sleeping. This is very unlike our little babe since she usually is wide awake sometime around 6:30a.m. I got up, made a bottle for when the peanut woke up, got myself ready and changed for the gym. Reese started stirring so I grabbed her from her crib at 7:55am and went to change her diaper so I could get her dressed and feed her to be out of the house by no later than 8:15. *Wishful Thinking*
First of all she had a poopy diaper which NEVER happens while she's sleeping, so I felt terrible because I had no idea how long she had been sitting in it. Changing her took longer than a changing a regular pee pee diap change, because it had gotten on her onesie, etc etc. When it was time to feed Reese, she decided that she wasn't in the slightest hurry (and wasn't catching my 'sense of urgency' drift) and began to look all around and pull off from the bottle while making raspberry sounds. When I looked at the clock and realized it was 8:20am, I realized there was no way we were making it to the 8:30 class at the gym. However, I was still determined to get there ASAP and get a workout since I didn't go yesterday.
To the gym we went- this is only the second time Reese has gone to the daycare there, and let me tell you that she does NOT love it. This could be a post in of itself. But, to make a long story short, Reese has stranger anxiety and doesn't like to be away from me which doesn't mix well with being left at daycare for an hour. I had high hopes that Reese would do okay today since this particular daycare woman had her daughter, Ella, there who is 7 months old (one month older than Reese). But, sure enough when I went to grab her she was blubbering, crying, sad baby. :-( Cue the dagger to my heart. I seriously hate seeing her sad- she is just not a baby that cries a lot so this bothers me. I know she needs to get used to other people but, ugh!
After I pick up Reese
Okay, so we're in the car and heading home. I decide that I need an iced coffee so we stop at Dunks. I look in the rear view mirror to see that Reese is sound asleep. Hmmm what to do? Do I risk going home and waking her while getting her out of the car? Or, do I try and do one of those errands I previously mentioned that needed to be done and let her sleep? *Since hindsight is 20/20, this is where I should have just gone home, but nope just wait to hear what happens next!
I decide that we are going to head to the Burlington Mall to do a few errands (return something at PBKids, purchase a white Easter basket from PBKids, and stop at Lululemon). As soon I as I get to the mall and unfold the stroller I got this sinking feeling in my stomach. I DIDN'T PACK ANY FORMULA OR BOTTLES! *Cue having a heart attack*. When I packed Reese up this morning to head to the gym I didn't pack any of that because she had just eaten and we were only going to be at the gym for an hour. It was 10:45am and Reese was due to eat at 11am. The mall doesn't sell bottles or formula. This is just another reason why I wished I was still nursing. You're never without your boobs! Ugh, so now I had to decide to either run in and out of the mall quickly and hope Reese stays asleep, or just pack up and turn around to head home. Well, here we go again with this 20/20 hindsight thing. I should have gone home, but nope!
I ran to PBKids- of course Reese woke up. They couldn't find my order number in the system, so they wanted to give me 1/3 of what I paid for something, so I said absolutely not and will get the order number from my email when I got home (my iphone doesn't go far enough back), and they didn't have Easter baskets in the store yet. WHY? Their website is selling them already, so WTF?! Total waste of my time. So now, I run to Lululemon on my way out and get back to the car by 11:10 with a still happy, not fussing Reesey. Wow, things were going okay! I decide that I'm going to just fly home so I can feed her there (we're about 20 minutes away). However, Reese had other plans for us.
As soon as I got on the highway, Reese started crying, screaming, her hungry cry. Worst mother of the year award right here. So, I realize that I cannot make it all the way home and that I'll just stop at Target and buy a bottle and some formula (I know you're supposed to sterilize bottles prior to their first use, but today I was going to make an exception). I get off of the exit where the Target is, but Target is about a mile off the exit. However, as I'm driving I see a Market Basket right there so I turn into the parking lot, grab Reese out of her car seat, and run inside to buy formula. I get to the aisle- no powder formula! WTH! I ask a worker who tells me that I need to ask them while I'm in line checking out that they don't keep the powder on the shelf. WHY NOT? Who knows! I go to get in line and I'm overwhelmed by the lines of people with HUGE carriages full of groceries. Even the 10 items or less line has 6 or 7 people in it. Well, at this point, I'm literally about to cry. My heart is racing and I just feel so bad for my starving infant. I need to feed my baby! I'm pacing back in forth with a bottle, a jug of water, my huge diaper bag and Reese in my arms. I must have looked like a frazzled mess because this sweet woman tapped me on my shoulder and told me that I could go in front of her, that she could tell I needed to get out of there. Thank God there are still some nice people in this world!
Once my transaction was done
Poor Reese survived, drank a bottle when we got home, and is now napping. I seriously need a glass of wine- it's 1:15pm, do you think that's too early to have a drink?
I always LOL when I read your blog or just see Reese's pictures! You girls keep me laughing!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to sign off.... Love You! Nana/Mom
ReplyDelete