This is from yesterday, March 26th, 2012.
7:10- Reese is awake and babbling in her crib. She's usually good for at least 10-15 minutes before she starts fussing to come out. We realize that her monitor's battery died at some point last night (we didn't plug it in before bed because we were so exhausted from staying up late for the Mad Men premiere), so we decide to grab Reese right away in case she's been up for a few minutes already. Todd goes to get her, makes her bottle, and plops her down in between us and she rests on her boppy while I feed her. Reese is always SO happy in the morning.
7:25- Diaper change. Reese actually peed through her diaper and onto her onesie, so I change her into some comfy lounge clothes- a long sleeved onesie and fleece pants. We have plans to meet a friend for lunch, so I'll get her dressed into real clothes after her morning nap before we leave the house.
7:30- T grabs Reese's basket of toys that we keep in our room, and brings them to bed for Reese to play with. We hang out every morning while Reese plays for a bit, before getting out of bed.
7:45- T gets up and goes for a run.
8:10- Reese and I get up, go through in a load of laundry, then I decide to change R's crib sheet. She hangs out in the nursery with me, on the floor playing with a basket of toys (I keep 3 baskets of small toys around the house- one in our room, one in her room, and one in the family room).
Doing laundry with Mom!
Playing on the floor in her nursery!
8:30- Breakfast. This morning Reese is having whole wheat oatmeal cereal mixed in with her apples and blueberries puree (a favorite of hers!). As I prepare Reese's breakfast T walks through the door, and turns on the iPod docking station- we listen to DMB. I was also getting ready to make T and I breakfast- our green monster smoothie shake that we have about 4 days a week, but T decides to take over so I can get to feeding the babes. R eats, we eat, T goes upstairs to shower, I clean up and R eats puffs until I'm done.
9am- R and I go back upstairs to change the laundry and start a new load (sheets from our bed- so I have to strip the bed first). I turn on Live with Kelly, and R plays on the floor with Riley and some shopping bags.
I spy a kitty in the bag!
9:15am- Reese is fussy. Her morning nap time is between 9:30 and 10am, but this morning I bet it will be closer to 9:30. I change her wet diaper, and we head back downstairs.
9:20-9:30- Reese plays in her jumperoo while I design a photo Easter card that we're sending out to the grandparents, then R starts to fuss. She's tired, time for a nap. I bring her up, Todd is just walking out the door, so he gives her kisses bye bye.
9:30- nap time. I come downstairs, check FB and email quickly, and start this blog post. I give myself a time limit of 10am as a stop time so I can jump in the shower while Reese is sleeping, and get ready for lunch.
10:06- I've finished what I can. Head upstairs to shower.
10:15- Turn on the shower...look at the monitor and realize that Reese is stirring already! You've got to be kidding me. Her morning naps have been consistently around 90 minutes for a while now, and it's only been 45 minutes. Ugh! She is seriously the world's lightest sleeper. My shower is basically against the wall in her nursery where her crib is, but we have a sound machine and keep the fan running in the other bathroom outside of her room. Oh well, Mama needs to shower, so in I go. Quick shower.
10:25- Go grab Reese out of her crib while still in my towel and shower cap. I put her on the bathroom counter in her Bumbo seat (*disclaimer: I NEVER leave her side, I stand behind her so there is no way she call fall off the counter), and get ready, put my make up on, and get dressed.
10:50- done getting ready, fold one load of laundry and pick up the bathroom.
11:10- Feed Reese a 7oz. bottle, and get ready to leave the house. Diaper bag? Cell phone? Keys? Check. Check. Check.
Quick bubba before we head out!
Mommy and Reesey!
11:28- We're on the road. The gas light is on, grrrr. We can make it to Burlington no problem- it says 'range 34 miles', we aren't even going half of that. I'll get gas after lunch.
11:45- Arrive at the Border Cafe in Burlington to meet Leah and her 2 year old daughter, Alivia. Leah is delivering her second daughter this Friday! Eat a delicious taco salad and eat way too many chips and salsa. Reese and Alivia are both really good during lunch!
1pm- Say our goodbyes to Leah and Alivia, run back into the restaurant because it seems that Reese lost her gray bootie on the way out. Get gas. Decide what to do next. Hmmmm, do I want to go home already? I decide that since we're not in Burlington that often, we should walk around the mall for an hour to kill time, plus I need to get Leah's new baby a little something for when I go visit her at the hospital and pick up some cards for other friends.
1:15- Get into mall- stops include Pottery Barn Kids, Hallmark, Gymboree, and Nordstrom. End up getting Leah a cute lovey at Nordstrom, and some cards at Hallmark.
2pm- Change Reese's diaper in Nordstrom on the way out.
2:15- get into the car, Reese falls asleep instantly. Shit. This turned out to not be a good idea. I like to keep her up until 3ish to give her a bottle, then put her down for an afternoon nap. Oh well, nothing I can do now. Decide to stop at Dunks on my way home to get an iced coffee. French vanilla, extra skim milk, one splenda in case you were wondering. ;-)
2:45pm- Decide whether or not I should try to transfer Reese into the house in her car seat to continue her nap, or if I should sit in the car while she naps (which I do sometimes). I decide that since I have to pee, we have to head inside. Transfer successful. Reese is in her car seat on the floor in her nursery. Fingers crossed she stays asleep.
2:50- Come downstairs to write out some cards that need to be sent out. As soon as I finish, Reese wakes up. Dang, another short nap! This kiddo is going to be tired tonight!
3:15- Get Reese from her crib, I know she's going to be fiesty since she's due to eat. Make her bottle, feed her.
3:30- Head upstairs to change her back into comfy clothes, switch the laundry, and then change her poopy diaper.
4pm- Back downstairs, I put Reese on the floor to play, and put some of her favorite toys out. I try to catch up on this blog post. She plays for a litte while, then I do more laundry.
5pm- Todd texts to let me know that he'll be leaving in 15 minutes. We discuss dinner- we're going to have chicken wings that we got from Danvers Butchery and some brown rice with veggies.
5:30- Time for Reese to eat dinner. Lately she has been hating, flat out refusing, green veggies, but I still decide to try again. Tonight I offer her peas, FAIL. Carrots, FAIL. She just won't open her mouth, I'm thinking it's because she think that it's still peas, haha. So, I try a trick...she loves yogurt, so I give her a little yogurt, but alternate a spoonful of carrots, then a spoonful of yogurt. It works!
6pm- Upstairs for Reese's tubby. Todd texts and says he's stuck in traffic :-( but should be home soon.
6:15pm- Daddy's home!!!! YAY! Finish Reese's tub, do lotion and jammies.
6:35pm- Downstairs to start dinner. T goes out to start the grill, I hang with my Reesey and get the rice/veggies together. Todd brought in a package that was at our doorstep- Reese's monogrammed beach towel from Pottery Barn Kids!! We love it!
7pm: Reese is super tired and is rubbing her eyes (she should be! The girl only napped an hr and 45 minutes total today when she normally naps about 3 hours!). Todd gets her bottle ready. She drinks half.
7:15- We eat dinner. The wings were awesome! I decide to give Reese some of our dinner and put little teeny pieces of food on her highchair tray: corn, peas, carrots, brown rice, and for the first time ever...chicken! She seems to really like it and is even eating the peas-- shocker! Ha! I'd love to be able to give her our dinner each night, and only do purees for breakfast. Maybe we're on to something.
7:40- T takes Reese upstairs to do the nighttime routine: nighttime diap, sleep sack, bottle, and book. I clean up dinner, fold the last load of laundry of the day (if you're keeping track that's 4 loads of laundry including our sheets and Reese's. Whew!), then meet my two loves in R's nursery. We finish reading a Berenstain Bears book that we started last night, and read Goodnight Moon.
7:55- Light's out for Reese.



















Great post...I'm always interested to read about Reese's changes & see her beautiful pictures! Great job Mom! Hugs & Kisses to all 3 of you!
ReplyDeleteLove to you... Mom~. XOXOXO