| This was at my 27 week app! |
| This was taken at 26w 1d |
1. How Far Along? As of Tuesday, 1/14/13 I'm 27 weeks pregnant with baby #2! (vs. 27 weeks with Reese)
2. How big is baby?
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
3. Total Weight Gain/Loss? 16lbs. vs. the 22lbs at this point with Reese. I did gain 7lbs in a month! Whoops! I'm blaming it on all of the holiday goodness. :-) Still hoping to only gain 30lbs this time around.
4. Maternity Clothes? LOVING my new Old Navy skinny maternity jeans with the full panel. I seriously may wear them every day that I don't have my leggings on. My jackets still zipper, so I'm hoping to avoid the whole maternity coat situation.
5. Gender? Sweet baby girl! Still nameless (although getting closer to a decision)!
6. Movement? Yes, and it's definitely noticeable from the outside. Kicks and gabs have turned into rolls and waves of movement. She is sitting really high though causing me to be short of breath often. I can literally feel her right underneath my boobs.
7. Sleep? Still sleeping pretty good. I'm really surprised that I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to pee, by this time last time I was always up at least once a night. I've probably just jinxed myself, but anyway...
8. What I miss? My energy and alcohol. Not going to lie, but not being able to have a glass of wine a few nights a week stinks. I miss date nights with my hubby where I can get dressed up and enjoy myself!
9. Cravings? I feel like my sweet tooth has been taking over lately-- I want lots of chocolate or something sweet after I eat lunch or dinner. Chocolate chip cookies with ice cold milk have been satisfying that craving! Yum.
10. Symptoms? Dry skin, pressure down below, and stuffy nose/hard to take a deep breath.
11. Worst moment this week? T going back to work after a full week off! We miss him around here! :-)
12. Best moment this week? Getting the nursery painted, getting the dresser, and buying lots of stuff for the nursery. Sweet baby girl is going to have a beautiful nursery.
No comments:
Post a Comment