Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reese Goes to School!

Reese started school on Tuesday, January 8th!

Todd and I had decided that we thought it would be great for Reese to have the socialization with other kids (away from me), and to get into a routine before the baby arrives.  We also thought that it would be nice for me to have a couple of mornings to bond with the new baby one on one.  After touring a few places we found the center that Reese is now attending.  We love it! Best of all, one of Reese's teachers is my good friend Courtney's older sister that I've known for 15+ years.

To say I was anxious leading up to Reese's first day would be a huge understatement.  We had to schedule two visits (30 mins each) for Reese to attend the center before her official first day. Both visits Reese cried uncontrollably.  I left defeated both times questioning our decision to send her at all.

The morning of her first day T and I did drop off together since T was on vacation.  I made sure that we had a full agenda planned for the 4 hours we'd be without Reese to keep us busy and our minds off of her.  Turns out she did way better than we anticipated! She's in her 3rd week at school and she's thriving! Sure, she's had her weepy moments, but her teachers assure us that she loves it! It's so fun to pick her up and see her light up! I love getting the daily report sheets and all of her arts and crafts that come home.

Without further ado, here are some pictures from her very first day!



Little Miss had no idea what was about to happen! LOL




Her cubby

Todd snapped this picture super quick at drop off on his iphone, hence why it's not in focus!



A mom of one of Reese's classmates (whom I know) knew I was a nervous wreck leaving Reese that first day.  She snapped this picture when she dropped her son off.  Here's Reese and her son playing Play Doh with Miss Kim. Seeing this picture at 9am really made me feel better as I pictured her crying the entire 4 hours.





When we went to pick her up she was all smiles and so proud of herself! Here are a few pictures from when we got home.  She's showing off her new backpack that Nana got her for Christmas.




Hooray for a successful transition!



No comments:

Post a Comment