![]() |
| Excuse my crazy hair that is out of place. My hubs didn't tell me I looked like a nut! |
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
1. How Far Along? 29 weeks as of today, Tuesday, January 29th (compared to 29 weeks with Reese)
2. Total Weight Gain/Loss? Not sure, I have my appointment on Thursday. I'm thinking the baby is growing a lot right now due to how big she feels all of a sudden. At my dr. app 3 weeks ago I was up 16 or 17 I think? So if I'm "supposed" to gain a lb per week, that would put me at 20. We'll see. I'll update this post after my app.
Update 1/31/13: Back from the doctor--- I'm up 20lbs total. Right on track to gain about 30 for the pregnancy which is a good number and I'm happy with that.
2. Total Weight Gain/Loss? Not sure, I have my appointment on Thursday. I'm thinking the baby is growing a lot right now due to how big she feels all of a sudden. At my dr. app 3 weeks ago I was up 16 or 17 I think? So if I'm "supposed" to gain a lb per week, that would put me at 20. We'll see. I'll update this post after my app.
Update 1/31/13: Back from the doctor--- I'm up 20lbs total. Right on track to gain about 30 for the pregnancy which is a good number and I'm happy with that.
3. Maternity Clothes? Yes. I wear some non-maternity cardigans over maternity long sleeve tshirts, but that's about it.
4. Gender? GIRL! :-)
5. Movement? Yes, and this baby is starting to hurt me! :-/ Now, Baby Girl moves her whole body and I can feel her limbs on either sides of my belly at the same time. A few nights ago Todd and I were laying on the couch and I had the laptop on my belly and she kicked so hard that the whole laptop moved!
6. Sleep? I sleep through the night not getting up to pee which is bizarre because with Reese I was up 2-3 times/night at this point. I'm not complaining about that! I will say that I am SO SO SO SORE from laying down in bed, that sometimes I don't think I can move my legs and I know I huff and puff and wince from the pain, but there's nothing I can do to help it. Sleeping with extra pillows just makes it worse.
7. What I miss? I miss not being pregnant. I know it sounds awful, but I'm just so uncomfortable and can't wait to have my energy back and feel good. Being pregnant with a toddler is no joke. I seriously think that if I worked at my old corporate job and was able to sit behind a desk for 40 hours vs. chase Reese around all day long that I'd be less tired. I feel like I'm constantly bending over to pick things up, picking Reese up and putting her in and out of the car--- it's exhausting. As much as I feel thankful and blessed about being pregnant, I'm so very happy to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm 99% sure that this is it for us, two and through.
8. Cravings? I definitely have a sweet tooth right now, but am trying to be good! Loving fruit and anything sweet!
9. Symptoms? Very sore and achy down below, and I know it's just going to get worse. This baby is also way higher than I remember Reese ever being. I have a really hard time getting a good deep breath. I feel her right underneath my ribs.
10. Best moment this week? Making tons of progress on the nursery! We now have the crib and dresser set up, rug in, curtains hung, and clothes put away. The custom closet company is coming tomorrow to do the installation of the new closet system. To tell you that I am excited is an understatement! It's not only going to look awesome, but it's going to allow us so much more space! We are also having the closet in the play room done too!


No comments:
Post a Comment