Adeline,
You turned six months on October, 9th, 2013 so this is a recap of your sixth month. I cannot believe that you are already half of a year old. I remember writing the same thing when your sister, Reese, turned 6 months, but this time it's different. Maybe it's because with her I couldn't believe it because it did go by so fast, but with you I seriously feel like I blinked and half of a year passed. With Reese it was just she and I, and with you I'm always splitting my time between the both of you. We are so busy and I feel like I just want to pause life. No more commitments on the weekends, no more running here or there, just stopping time to enjoy our little family. I wish it were that easy. You are such an amazing little human that you make me want to have 10 more babies just like you! No, really! Your disposition is the sweetest. You are so happy and content all of the time. You love people, and don't mind being passed around like a hot potato at family gatherings. Truly a joy to be around.
Milestones this month:
- Sitting all by yourself. You did this for the first time a week before you turned 5 months, but now you are just working on mastering the skill.
- Started consistently eating solids once a day or once every other day
- Started to transition to only 3 naps per day.
- Have outgrown your heart murmur!! Wa hoo!
Worth mentioning:
- Still no teeth, but your bottom two are just about to pop through, I've been able to see them for a while now, so I'm guessing any day now.
- You were prescribed Zantac at your 6 month appointment for reflux. I had that Mommy intuition long ago from all of your spitting up and grunting, and mentioned it at both your 1 and 2 month appointment, but was reassured you didn't have it. Well, low and behold, I was discussing how much you spit up to Dr. M, and describing your actions, and she immediately said reflux. She said she wished I mentioned it at your 4 month appointment when we switched PCP to her. Ugh! We have seen a DRASTIC change since putting you on the medicine (or as Reesey says it, meniss) just days ago. I'm kicking myself for not standing my ground from the get go. I guess since you were such a happy baby, it didn't bother you all that much (or at least that is what I am telling myself).
- Dr. M was also very impressed with your fabulous neck control, that you've been sitting for over a month now (she thinks you'll be an early crawler, too...) how strong you are, and what a happy baby you are!
| You my dear, are just beautiful. |
![]() |
| Those chubby cheeks and legs! My gosh, just want to squeeze them! |
Adeline 6 Month Stats:
Weight: 16lbs 14oz (between 50-75%)
Height: 27.5" (95%)
Clothing: 3-6 and 6-12 months, just depends on the brand.
Diapers: Size 2. Although we had a few mornings of having you wake up SOAKED, so we switched to Pamper nighttime diapers in size 3 for bedtime. Ironically enough, we had to do the exact same thing with Reese at 6 months,
Favorite Toys: You love, love, LOVE your jumperoo! You go bananas in it! You also love your crinkle books, your Sofie teether, and some other fun toys like your oball and teething keys. <---- Leaving all of this from last month, and also adding that you LOVE your Life Factory teething ring, and have just begun to use your activity table (I've taken off the legs and put it on the floor in front of you).
Favorite Past Time: You love to jump in your jumperoo, play on your play mat, you love tubbies, love to go for walks, go shopping, and to just be a part of the action.
Communication: You cry when you're hungry (like you from zero to screaming in a second), and also when your tired and fighting it, but honestly? You very rarely cry- such a good girl!
Bedtime/Nap time: You have transitioned to 3 naps per day. Your first nap starting about 90 mins-2 hours after you've woken for the day so if you wake at 7am, your first nap starts anywhere from 830-9am. This nap is typically around 45 mins in length. Your next nap begins in the neighborhood of noontime. I try so hard to push it until when Reese goes down, or as close to it as I can to have some overlay of both of you sleeping at once. This is when I run around like a crazy person doing laundry, paying bills, cleaning the house, eating lunch, blogging, and fun stuff like that. This nap is typically the longest and usually is about 1.5 hours to 1 hour 45 mins. Your last nap of the day is usually 2 hours after the noonish nap ended for about 45 mins to an hour.
Foods: You drink 6 bottles per day, typically every 3 hours. 5/5.5 oz each for a total of 30-32oz per day. You also have a solid once a day. So far you've had: peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, apples, and oatmeal cereal. You have liked everything so far and are not picky. Yay!
Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy love you to the moon and back! Happy 6 months, sweet girl!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxxo

No comments:
Post a Comment