Thursday, December 19, 2013

My First 5k

Remember how I mentioned back in this post that I had started a new fitness program but not ready to share all of the details with you in case it didn't work out? Well, that my friends, was me training to run my very first 5k! I joined the local Recreation Club for the Couch to 5k program.

I've never been a runner in my entire life, all of the sports/activities I participated in growing up were dance and cheerleading, so running was not a part of the requirement.  After everything I went through with Adeline's delivery, I felt like I needed to do something for me that was out of my comfort zone.  I wanted to attempt running to prove to myself that I could do it.  It was a 3x a week commitment, and was some much needed "me time".

Anyway, Thanksgiving Day was the day of the Earn Your Turkey 5k, and I did it! My friend Kristen had been training on her own (also following the c25k program too), so we ran together.  Todd also ran the race. It was absolutely cold and freezing out the morning of the race, so I'm proud of myself for completing it! And guess what? I actually like going for a jog now.  32:10 was my time.

Here are a few pics from the race:

Coming in hot! Haha! Todd took this picture since he had finished nearing 10 mins before me!

Most supportive husband!

Kristen and I!

Reese was saying, "Mommy is #1!" Best little fan ever!


1 comment: